Ron Farkas is the Founder and President of Poland-U.S. Operations, a defense consulting and representation service located in Warsaw, Poland. PLUS Ops assists industry in navigating the Polish defense and security market, emphasizing Poland’s defense modernization program and the NATO Enhanced Forward Presence (EFP).
Ron was born in Columbus, Ohio and enlisted in the United States Air Force (USAF) in 2001 as an F-16 Aircraft Avionics Technician, serving at Luke Air Force Base (AFB), Arizona. He was accepted to the United States Air Force Academy, and graduated in 2008 as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer. His first tour as an officer was at Eielson AFB, Alaska which included an assignment as the 353rd Exercise Support Division Chief. There, he was responsible for the coordination of all multinational RED FLAG-ALASKA exercise maintenance and logistics.
In 2012, Ron was selected as the Air Force Programs Officer at the U.S. Embassy in the Office of Defense Cooperation Warsaw, Poland. His responsibilities included managing and coordinating over $4B in Foreign Military Sales programs between the United States and the Republic of Poland. He also presented numerous topics to regional and national leadership including the strategic role of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and the development of Polish Veterans support programs.
- 2008: Bachelor of Science, Military Strategic Studies, United States Air Force Academy
- 2008: Air and Space Basic Course, USAF
- 2009: Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, USAF
- 2011: Master of Arts, Diplomacy, Norwich University
- 2012: Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management
- 2013: Squadron Officer School, USAF
Dates of Promotion
- 2nd Lieutenant: 28 May, 2008
- 1st Lieutenant: 28 May, 2010
- Captain: 28 May, 2012
Major Awards and Decorations
- Meritorious Service Medal
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Polish Armed Forces Bronze Service Medal